For many families, their home is their most valuable asset. However, homeownership does not come without its responsibilities. We’re not just talking about the mortgage, but also about home maintenance. There is always touch up paint, rotting wood, squeaky doors, windows that are painted shut, clogged gutters, loose electrical outlets, A/C filters that need changing, slow-draining sinks, and the list goes on and on.
What many homeowners should know is that some minimal home maintenance can save thousands of dollars of home repairs in the future. Green Acorn in Raleigh is here to help with our quarterly home maintenance subscriptions. All of our subscriptions come with a free, NO RISK comprehensive home inspection, access to our live video chat for free advice and visual inspections of your home in between appointments, and guaranteed responses to your emails, phone calls, and texts within 24 hours Monday - Friday. In addition, you will receive priority when scheduling home maintenance appointments above non-members, discounts on labor, and a quarterly home maintenance appointment to keep your home in great condition.
No need to decide on a home service plan before scheduling your free, no-risk inspection. After we complete your home inspection, our professional handyman technician can give you a better idea of what level of care your home may need. A brand new 1,500 sq ft house will need a lot less maintenance than a 60-year-old 3,500 sq ft house. Let us customize your home maintenance plan to your needs. However, Green Acorn understands that before you let us into your home, you’d like to know the potential costs. We are always transparent in our pricing. Below are our home maintenance plans:
- Standard Member - $99/month Our bronze home maintenance plan includes our comprehensive home inspection, access to our live video chat for quick answers to your home-related questions, guaranteed returned call within 24 hours (M-F Only), high priority for scheduling home service appointments, a 10% discount on all handyman labor, and a four-hour quarterly home maintenance appointment to keep your home in great condition.
- Premium Member - $179/month Our silver plan includes our comprehensive home inspection, access to our live video chat for quick answers to your home-related questions, guaranteed returned call within 24 hours (M-F Only), higher priority for scheduling home service appointments, a 15% discount on all handyman labor, and an eight-hour quarterly maintenance appointment to keep your home in great condition.
VIP Member - $339/month - Best Value Our gold plan includes our comprehensive home inspection, access to our live video chat for quick answers to your home-related questions, guaranteed returned call within 24 hours (M-F Only), the highest priority for scheduling home service appointments, a 20% discount on all handyman labor, and a 16-hour quarterly maintenance appointment over two consecutive days to keep your home in great condition.
Still feeling overwhelmed about making a decision? There is no long-term commitment and you can adjust your home maintenance plan up and down every quarter with no consequences. There are no contracts to sign, no sign-up fees, and no cancellation fees. In fact, if we come out and do your home inspection and you decide not to sign up for a home maintenance plan, there are no hard feelings.
Your comprehensive home inspection will be completed as soon as possible. Upon completion, we’ll go over your needs and your budget to determine the best home maintenance plan for your home. Your first quarterly maintenance appointment will be scheduled during the third month of your subscription and every three months after that.
Since your first full quarterly service will not be until the 3rd month of your home maintenance subscription, if you have urgent needs for our home services, you may purchase a “catch up” service at a discounted rate of $49/hr. For our spring special, you may also add a gutter cleaning for $196!
During your quarterly home maintenance appointment, our experienced handyman technicians are instructed to use the allotted time window as you instruct them to use it. However, we have compiled our own home maintenance checklists as a guide, listed below. Feel free to add to, subtract from, and otherwise customize the home service work that you would like our handyman technicians to perform. Have us complete the home maintenance checklist and then hang some pictures, paint a bedroom, and/or build a deck. We are here to help!
We will contact you a few weeks before each home maintenance appointment to discuss your needs for that quarter. During this call, we will be able to plan the materials we need to pick up before we arrive, and evaluate how much of your home maintenance list we can accomplish in the allotted time for your subscription. If you need additional time, we are happy to accommodate! We can either upgrade your home service subscription for that quarter (you just pay the difference in plans for the previous three months), or we can bill hourly at your discounted rate, whichever works out to be the most cost-effective for you.
Below is an overview of the standard items we check during our no-risk comprehensive home service inspection:
- Electrical - Inspection of electrical panel, switches, receptacles, & fixtures.
- Mechanical - Inspection of heat pump/furnace, condenser, air handler, ducts, return/supply vents, & filters. This includes inspection of bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans and dryer ducts.
- Plumbing - Inspection of all toilets, sinks, showers, tubs, drains, & hot water heaters. This includes the inspection of drywall and cabinets for evidence of water damage from leaky pipes.
- Wood Rot - Inspection of all exterior wood, including fascia/soffit rot, siding, deck/porch rails, steps, etc.
- Drainage/Foundation - Check the drainage of water away from the home and foundation issues
Below is an overview of the items we suggest to tackle during each home maintenance appointment. These items are customized for every home:
- Change HVAC filters
- Clean Range Hood Filters
- Test Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Run water and flush toilets in unused spaces
- Check water softener
- Vacuum refrigerator coils
- Release pressure in hot water tanks
- Inspect plumbing for leaks
- Tighten loose handles, knobs, etc.
- Clean sediment from shower headsInspect caulk/ground in showers and tubs
- Check for drainage/foundation issues from fall/winter
- Clean gutters ** Requires additional time for Standard membership **Visual roof inspection & removal of debrisInspect exterior paint/brick/wood for chipping/rottingInspect doors & windows and silicone/caulk sealsCheck functionality of all windows/doors & locksService air conditioning system
- Check & repair grout in bathrooms & kitchen
- Inspect for insect problems, clean cobwebs & set any necessary bait stations
- Clean/repair/seal sidewalks, patios, driveways & decksClean Dryer vent
- Fall (September-November): Flush hot water heater
- Service heating system
- Inspect and winterize exterior water pipes
- Chimney cleaning
- Inspect sump pump